The Centre for Translation and Textual Studies (CTTS) is delighted to announce its forthcoming symposium on Saturday, 2 December, entitled ‘Poetry and Prose in Translation’ with a focus on Japanese literature. Beginning at 2pm, the keynote on the translation of Ise Monogatari (The Tales of Ise) will be delivered by Japanese literature scholar and distinguished translator Dr Peter MacMillan. This will be followed by a one-hour haiku writing workshop in English facilitated by poet Gabriel Rosenstock, readings of a selection of haiku by the children of the Japanese Saturday School and by volunteers participating in the workshop. To conclude there will be a wine reception at 5pm. This event is kindly sponsored by the Japanese Embassy as part of the celebrations of 60 years of diplomatic relations between Ireland and Japan. All are welcome!
- Book Publication: New Approaches to Translation, Conflict and Memory
- Book Publication: Translation Quality Assessment: From Principles to Practice
- Strong DCU Team presents at the 6th IATIS conference in Hong Kong in July 2018
- CTTS/SALIS PhD Scholarships 2018: Call Now Open
- The Centre for Translation and Textual Studies (CTTS) invites applications for Marie Curie Individual Fellowships.