Dr Sharon O’Brien co-organised the “Interacting with Machine Translation” (iMT) Workshop at AMTA 2016 on October 28th 2016 in Austin, Texas. The full programme is available here. Sharon O’Brien presented a paper on behalf of PhD student, Sheila Castilho, who was busy graduating at DCU.
- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017