- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017
Monthly Archives: June 2016
The First Annual Conference of the Irish Association for Asian Studies (IAAS1) was held at Dublin City University on June 17th and 18th, 2016. The conference was organised under the theme of ‘Commemoration’ by the IAAS and the School of … Continue reading
Dr Silvia Rodríguez Vázquez gave a research seminar for CTTS and other colleagues on Monday, June 20th, 2016 entitled When a picture is not worth a thousand words: the case of image accessibility in multilingual websites Abstract: In spite of the considerable advancements made to … Continue reading
The deadline for submission of abstracts to the IPCITI 2016 conference at DCU has been extended to June 30th. For further details see the conference web site.
Dr Carlos Teixeira and Sheila Castilho represented the CTTS at the Interdisciplinarity for Impact Workshop, held at TCD on Wednesday 1 June 2016. The CTTS researchers presented posters on the interdisciplinary dimensions of the their research.
The CTTS is very happy to welcome a new post-doctoral researcher to our team. Dr Silvia Rodriguez Vazquez joins us having just completed her joint PhD at the University of Geneva and the University of Salamanca on the topic of … Continue reading
Drs Pat Cadwell and Sharon O’Brien (pictured) both attended the third Non-Professional Translation and Interpreting (NPIT3) conference at which Dr Minako O’Hagan was the invited keynote speaker. The conference was hosted by ZHAW in Winterthur, Switzerland from 5-7 May, 2016. … Continue reading