The CTTS was delighted to welcome Prof. Judy Wakabayashi to deliver the Annual CTTS Lecture on September 24th, 2016. Prof. Wakabayshi gave a very interesting lecture on perspectives of translation in Asia and how they contrasted with alternative perspectives on translation. The lecture was attended by new Masters students, PhD students, post-docs and staff from the School of Applied Language and Intercultural Studies at DCU.
- Invitation to open seminar: Ethical questions at the intersections of crisis translation, humanitarian innovation and the conceptualization of information as a humanitarian good, 4-5 p.m., 22 March in C165, DCU (Glasnevin campus)
- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.