Applications are invited for a position as post-doctoral researcher in human factors in machine translation, under the supervision of Dr. Sharon O’Brien. This position is for up to 24 months, commencing in September 2015 and is funded by Science Foundation Ireland as part of the Adapt research centre (adaptcentre.ie). The deadline for applications is 27th February. All details are available here.
- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017