- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017
Monthly Archives: January 2015
We are pleased to announce another successful PhD defence at the CTTS. On Friday 23rd January Ms. Linda Mitchell defended her thesis entitled: “Community Post-Editing of Machine-Translated User-Generated Content” (abstract below). Dr. Mitchell was co-supervised by Drs. Sharon O’Brien, Johann Roturier … Continue reading
We are pleased to announce the opening of registrations for the Teaching Machine Translation Workshop (Train the Trainer) to be held at DCU on April 30 and May 01. Places are limited to 20. For further information and registration: click … Continue reading
Translation Spaces CALL FOR PAPERS Invitation for Submissions Volume 4(2) 2015 Abstracts for submissions to be considered for publication in Volume 4 should be received by April 15, with complete articles submitted by June 15, 2015. Translation Spaces: A multidisciplinary, … Continue reading
FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS Queen’s University Belfast, 4th – 5th June 2015 Second International Postgraduate Conference in Translation and Interpreting Territories of Understanding: Conflict and Encounter Translation and interpreting are understood – and indeed function – all too often … Continue reading