- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017
Monthly Archives: December 2014
We are delighted to announce the publication edited by Dr. Aine McGillicuddy and Marian Thérèse Keyes of “Politics and Ideology in Children’s Literature” (Four Courts Press). For more information on the book and how to purchase it: Four Courts Press Click here … Continue reading
A list of the CTTS’ Prof.Michael Cronin’s recent publications Translation and Identity (Chinese Translation), Shandong: Soochow University Press, 2014. (With Sherry Simon) Special issue on ‘The City as Translation Zone’, Translation Studies, volume 7, number 2, May 2014. ‘Cooking the … Continue reading
Congratulations to Dr. Dana-Mihaela Cocargeanu on her successful defence of her PhD thesis entitled: Children’s Literature across Space and Time: The Challenges of Translating Beatrix Potter’s Tales into Romanian Congratulations also to her supervisors Dr. Eithne O’Connell and Dr. Aine … Continue reading
“Theoretical Frameworks and Methodologies: Research in Translation Studies” http://thirddurhampgcolloquium.wordpress.com Date and Time: 7th February 2015 – 9:00-18:00 Venue: Room ER201, Elvet Riverside, New Elvet, Durham University, Durham, UK Keynote speaker: Dr Sharon O’Brien Following the success of previous colloquiums, the … Continue reading