- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017
Monthly Archives: February 2014
We extend our congratulations to our newest PhD, Dr. Magdalena Dombek, who recently defended her PhD thesis entitled: A Study into the Motivations of Internet Users Contributing to Translation Crowdsourcing: The Case of Polish Facebook User-Translators. Magda was supervised by Dr. Minako … Continue reading
The CTTS is pleased to invite applications from suitable applicants for the PhD scholarship described below. The research will be supervised jointly by Drs. Ryoko Sasamoto and Minako O’Hagan and is for four years. How to apply: Email your CV and … Continue reading
CTTS member, Dr. Eithne O’Connell has just reviewed the following publication: Susana Bayó Belenguer, Eiléan Ní Chuilleanáin, & Cormac Ó Cuilleanáin, editors, assisted by Giulia Zuodar (2013). TRANSLATION RIGHT OR WRONG. Four Courts Press, Dublin in International Journal of Comparative … Continue reading