- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017
Monthly Archives: October 2013
CTTS Scholars, Drs. Minako O’Hagan and Carmen Mangiron have published their new book on Game Localization with John Benjamins. Video games are part of the growing digital entertainment industry for which game localization has become pivotal in serving international markets. … Continue reading
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS FOR A SPECIAL ISSUE OF MACHINE TRANSLATION (http://www.springer.com/computer/artificial/journal/10590) Special Issue on: Post-Editing of Machine Translation Editors: Dr. Sharon O’Brien (CTTS/DCU) & Dr. Michel Simard (National Research Council of Canada) As the adoption of Machine Translation within the … Continue reading
Mr. Patrick Cadwell, PhD candidate at the CTTS, presented a poster on his research on translation requirements in sudden-onset emergencies at the 7th EST Conference in Germersheim, Germany.