Four CTTS researchers presented at the Machine Translation Summit 2013, held in the week of September 2 in Nice, France (http://www.mtsummit2013.info/). Dr. Sharon O’Brien co-organised a workshop on post-editing technologies and practice (with Drs. Michel Simard, National Research Council of Canada and Lucia Specia, University of Sheffield – https://sites.google.com/site/mts2013wptp/program). Dr. Joss Moorkens presented a paper by him and Sharon O’Brien on User Attitudes to the Post-Editing Interface. Ms. Linda Mitchell presented two papers, one reporting on her research on post-editing in online user forums and the other on the post-editing interface developed within the EU-funded Accept programme. Dr. Stephen Doherty presented a joint paper with Dr. Sharon O’Brien on a usability study of raw machine translated content.
- Presentation by CTTS researcher Dr. Lucía Pintado Gutiérrez, Translation and Language Teaching conference (TLT 2017), University of Maribor, Slovenia.
- Registration for IPCITI 2017 is now open!
- CTTS Research Seminar: Dr Krisztina Zimányi (University of Guanajuato, Mexico) “Small-scale case studies on teacher´s self-interpreting in the EFL classroom”.
- CTTS researchers Alessandra Rossetti and Dr. Silvia Rodríguez Vázquez open the INTERACT Secondment Series at Cochrane UK in Oxford
- II Symposium on Literary Translation and Contemporary Iberia: Translation, Conflict and Memory, Dublin City University