Four CTTS researchers presented at the Machine Translation Summit 2013, held in the week of September 2 in Nice, France (http://www.mtsummit2013.info/). Dr. Sharon O’Brien co-organised a workshop on post-editing technologies and practice (with Drs. Michel Simard, National Research Council of Canada and Lucia Specia, University of Sheffield – https://sites.google.com/site/mts2013wptp/program). Dr. Joss Moorkens presented a paper by him and Sharon O’Brien on User Attitudes to the Post-Editing Interface. Ms. Linda Mitchell presented two papers, one reporting on her research on post-editing in online user forums and the other on the post-editing interface developed within the EU-funded Accept programme. Dr. Stephen Doherty presented a joint paper with Dr. Sharon O’Brien on a usability study of raw machine translated content.
- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017