The International Association for Media and Communication Research held its annual conference (IAMCR 2013) in Dublin City University June 25-29. Patrick Cadwell, a PhD student in CTTS, presented a paper to the conference’s Crisis Communication Working Group on mass media in the Great East Japan Earthquake. The paper’s key findings related to the importance of TV, radio and newspapers in the disaster, the problems and possibilities presented by new social media platforms, and the necessity of translation to the delivery of much mass media content.
- Book Publication: New Approaches to Translation, Conflict and Memory
- Book Publication: Translation Quality Assessment: From Principles to Practice
- Strong DCU Team presents at the 6th IATIS conference in Hong Kong in July 2018
- CTTS/SALIS PhD Scholarships 2018: Call Now Open
- The Centre for Translation and Textual Studies (CTTS) invites applications for Marie Curie Individual Fellowships.