The International Association for Media and Communication Research held its annual conference (IAMCR 2013) in Dublin City University June 25-29. Patrick Cadwell, a PhD student in CTTS, presented a paper to the conference’s Crisis Communication Working Group on mass media in the Great East Japan Earthquake. The paper’s key findings related to the importance of TV, radio and newspapers in the disaster, the problems and possibilities presented by new social media platforms, and the necessity of translation to the delivery of much mass media content.
- CTTS Research Seminar: Dr Krisztina Zimányi (University of Guanajuato, Mexico) “Small-scale case studies on teacher´s self-interpreting in the EFL classroom”.
- CTTS researchers Alessandra Rossetti and Dr. Silvia Rodríguez Vázquez open the INTERACT Secondment Series at Cochrane UK in Oxford
- II Symposium on Literary Translation and Contemporary Iberia: Translation, Conflict and Memory, Dublin City University
- CfP: 13th International Postgraduate Conference in Translation and Interpreting, 9-10 November 2017, Heriot-Watt University, Scotland
- INTERACT project on Crisis Translation launches at DCU