The International Association for Media and Communication Research held its annual conference (IAMCR 2013) in Dublin City University June 25-29. Patrick Cadwell, a PhD student in CTTS, presented a paper to the conference’s Crisis Communication Working Group on mass media in the Great East Japan Earthquake. The paper’s key findings related to the importance of TV, radio and newspapers in the disaster, the problems and possibilities presented by new social media platforms, and the necessity of translation to the delivery of much mass media content.
- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017