The International Association for Media and Communication Research held its annual conference (IAMCR 2013) in Dublin City University June 25-29. Patrick Cadwell, a PhD student in CTTS, presented a paper to the conference’s Crisis Communication Working Group on mass media in the Great East Japan Earthquake. The paper’s key findings related to the importance of TV, radio and newspapers in the disaster, the problems and possibilities presented by new social media platforms, and the necessity of translation to the delivery of much mass media content.
- CTTS/SALIS PhD Scholarships 2018: Call Now Open
- The Centre for Translation and Textual Studies (CTTS) invites applications for Marie Curie Individual Fellowships.
- EU Translation Centre recruiting translators
- CfP: Special Issue of “Interpreter and Translator Trainer” on Ergonomics (Deadline: 20 July 2018)
- Visit by Dr Sharon O’Brien to the University of Alcalá in Spain, 2-6 April (INTERACT Project)