The poetry volume ‘Verschwiegene Gedichte’, by German poet Sabine Lange, is currently being translated by CTTS PhD candidate Gráinne Toomey and Professor Emeritus Jenny Williams. Some of the translated poems have been published in the May 2013 issue of literary journal ‘Mad Hatters’ Review’. This edition of the journal, entitled cut.ting edge: Austrian, German and Swiss Writing, focuses on German to English literary translation and has been guest-edited by Berlin-based translator’s collective Transfiction (click here for the link). A public event showcasing the translations took place in Berlin on May 11th, where the translators and authors featured in the reading of their work.
- CTTS/SALIS PhD Scholarships 2018: Call Now Open
- The Centre for Translation and Textual Studies (CTTS) invites applications for Marie Curie Individual Fellowships.
- EU Translation Centre recruiting translators
- CfP: Special Issue of “Interpreter and Translator Trainer” on Ergonomics (Deadline: 20 July 2018)
- Visit by Dr Sharon O’Brien to the University of Alcalá in Spain, 2-6 April (INTERACT Project)