The poetry volume ‘Verschwiegene Gedichte’, by German poet Sabine Lange, is currently being translated by CTTS PhD candidate Gráinne Toomey and Professor Emeritus Jenny Williams. Some of the translated poems have been published in the May 2013 issue of literary journal ‘Mad Hatters’ Review’. This edition of the journal, entitled cut.ting edge: Austrian, German and Swiss Writing, focuses on German to English literary translation and has been guest-edited by Berlin-based translator’s collective Transfiction (click here for the link). A public event showcasing the translations took place in Berlin on May 11th, where the translators and authors featured in the reading of their work.
- Invitation to open seminar: Ethical questions at the intersections of crisis translation, humanitarian innovation and the conceptualization of information as a humanitarian good, 4-5 p.m., 22 March in C165, DCU (Glasnevin campus)
- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.