The CTTS welcomed the John McGahern Writer in Residence at Dublin City University and St. Patrick’s College Drumcondra, Claire Keegan, on May 2, 2013. Claire is the author of many highly acknowledged works of fiction such as Antartica and Walk the Blue Fields. Her work has been translated into 13 languages to date. During the interview, which was conducted by Dr. Dorothy Kenny, Claire shared interesting insights on the topic of being translated from the author’s perspective.
- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017