Congratulations to Dr. Martina O’Byrne on her PhD viva success on Wednesday 6th March. Martina’s thesis was titled: “Interpreting without a safety harness: the purpose and power of participants in interpreted Health and Safety training for the construction industry in Ireland”. Martina’s thesis was examined by Prof. Franz Pöchhacker of the University of Vienna and Prof. Michael Cronin of DCU. Her supervisor was Prof. Jenny Williams.
- CTTS Research Seminar: Dr Krisztina Zimányi (University of Guanajuato, Mexico) “Small-scale case studies on teacher´s self-interpreting in the EFL classroom”.
- CTTS researchers Alessandra Rossetti and Dr. Silvia Rodríguez Vázquez open the INTERACT Secondment Series at Cochrane UK in Oxford
- II Symposium on Literary Translation and Contemporary Iberia: Translation, Conflict and Memory, Dublin City University
- CfP: 13th International Postgraduate Conference in Translation and Interpreting, 9-10 November 2017, Heriot-Watt University, Scotland
- INTERACT project on Crisis Translation launches at DCU