Congratulations to Dr. Martina O’Byrne on her PhD viva success on Wednesday 6th March. Martina’s thesis was titled: “Interpreting without a safety harness: the purpose and power of participants in interpreted Health and Safety training for the construction industry in Ireland”. Martina’s thesis was examined by Prof. Franz Pöchhacker of the University of Vienna and Prof. Michael Cronin of DCU. Her supervisor was Prof. Jenny Williams.
- Invitation to open seminar: Ethical questions at the intersections of crisis translation, humanitarian innovation and the conceptualization of information as a humanitarian good, 4-5 p.m., 22 March in C165, DCU (Glasnevin campus)
- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.