Sharon O’Brien has been invited to give a guest lecture at the University of Birmingham on Tuesday, March 5th on her research to date on user-centred translation. Dr. O’Brien will discuss her research on controlled authoring, post-editing of machine translation output, the use of eye tracking to measure cognitive load and her recent collaboration with Dr. Stephen Doherty on measuring usability of raw MT output.
- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017