Sharon O’Brien has been invited to give a guest lecture at the University of Birmingham on Tuesday, March 5th on her research to date on user-centred translation. Dr. O’Brien will discuss her research on controlled authoring, post-editing of machine translation output, the use of eye tracking to measure cognitive load and her recent collaboration with Dr. Stephen Doherty on measuring usability of raw MT output.
- CTTS/SALIS PhD Scholarships 2018: Call Now Open
- The Centre for Translation and Textual Studies (CTTS) invites applications for Marie Curie Individual Fellowships.
- EU Translation Centre recruiting translators
- CfP: Special Issue of “Interpreter and Translator Trainer” on Ergonomics (Deadline: 20 July 2018)
- Visit by Dr Sharon O’Brien to the University of Alcalá in Spain, 2-6 April (INTERACT Project)