Sharon O’Brien has been invited to give a guest lecture at the University of Birmingham on Tuesday, March 5th on her research to date on user-centred translation. Dr. O’Brien will discuss her research on controlled authoring, post-editing of machine translation output, the use of eye tracking to measure cognitive load and her recent collaboration with Dr. Stephen Doherty on measuring usability of raw MT output.
- CTTS Research Seminar: Dr Krisztina Zimányi (University of Guanajuato, Mexico) “Small-scale case studies on teacher´s self-interpreting in the EFL classroom”.
- CTTS researchers Alessandra Rossetti and Dr. Silvia Rodríguez Vázquez open the INTERACT Secondment Series at Cochrane UK in Oxford
- II Symposium on Literary Translation and Contemporary Iberia: Translation, Conflict and Memory, Dublin City University
- CfP: 13th International Postgraduate Conference in Translation and Interpreting, 9-10 November 2017, Heriot-Watt University, Scotland
- INTERACT project on Crisis Translation launches at DCU