- “II Symposium on Literary Translation and Contemporary Iberia: Translation, Conflict and Memory”, 3-4 November 2017, Dublin City University
- Presentation by CTTS researcher Dr. Lucía Pintado Gutiérrez, Translation and Language Teaching conference (TLT 2017), University of Maribor, Slovenia.
- Registration for IPCITI 2017 is now open!
- CTTS Research Seminar: Dr Krisztina Zimányi (University of Guanajuato, Mexico) “Small-scale case studies on teacher´s self-interpreting in the EFL classroom”.
- CTTS researchers Alessandra Rossetti and Dr. Silvia Rodríguez Vázquez open the INTERACT Secondment Series at Cochrane UK in Oxford
Monthly Archives: March 2013
Dr. Sharon O’Brien has just published an article in Target (25:1) entitled ‘The Borrowers: Researching the Cognitive Aspects of Translation’. This is a special issue of Target on Interdisciplinarity in Translation and Interpreting Process Research, which was co-edited by Sharon … Continue reading
Following the success of the AMTA 2012 Workshop on Translation Post-Editing Technology and Practice, Sharon O’Brien, Lucia Specia and Michel Simard are organizing WPTP2. Once again, this workshop will be an opportunity for post-editing practitioners and researchers to get together … Continue reading
Dr. Eithne O’Connell has published a chapter on linguistic policy for minority language broadcasters in the volume: “Social Media and Minority Languages: Convergence and the Creative Industries”, edited by Elin Haf Gruffydd Jones and Enrique Uribe-Jongbloed. The volume is published by Multilingual Matters … Continue reading
Congratulations to Dr. Martina O’Byrne on her PhD viva success on Wednesday 6th March. Martina’s thesis was titled: “Interpreting without a safety harness: the purpose and power of participants in interpreted Health and Safety training for the construction industry in Ireland”. Martina’s thesis … Continue reading
Sharon O’Brien has been invited to give a guest lecture at the University of Birmingham on Tuesday, March 5th on her research to date on user-centred translation. Dr. O’Brien will discuss her research on controlled authoring, post-editing of machine translation … Continue reading