- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017
Monthly Archives: February 2013
Dr. Ryoko Sasamoto will give a public lecture for IRAAL (Irish Association for Applied Linguistics) on the topic of ‘Application of Cognitive Pragmatics: Relevance theory and multi-modality’ on Wednesday 6th March at 7.30 in C165, Henry Grattan Building, Dublin City … Continue reading
The CTTS is delighted to welcome Mr Vincent Huart from the European Commission’s Directorate General for Translation. Vincent spent three weeks with us as a Visiting Translator in 2012; we are delighted that he is back this year to share his experience with … Continue reading
Held in Dublin City University on November 24th, the first ‘pop-up’ conference on Multimodality & Cyberpsychology was a resounding success. Several CTTS researchers, Dr. Dorothy Kenny, Dr. Ryoko Sasamoto, and Dr. Stephen Doherty showcased some of the cutting edge research carried out … Continue reading
Congratulations to CTTS member, Dr. Mary Phelan, for the successful defence of her PhD thesis entitled: “Irish Language Court Interpreting 1801-1922”. In this thesis Mary presents a wealth of new information on how court interpreting for speakers of Irish was … Continue reading