- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017
Monthly Archives: November 2012
As one of Dublin City University’s designated research centres, the CTTS was delighted to have showcased a ‘pop-up’ conference on Multimodality & Cyberpsychology on Saturday, November 24th, 2012. In collaboration with the Media, Art, and Cyberpsychology Special Interest Group of … Continue reading
The CTTS is delighted to present a pop-up conference on Multimodality & Cyberpsychology on November 24th. In collaboration with the Media, Art, and Cyberpsychology Special Interest Group of the Psychology Society of Ireland, the event will host a variety of … Continue reading
The final day of the 8th International Postgraduate Conference in Translation and Interpreting commenced with Dr. Federico Federici’s talk on the aspects of Social Responsibilities and Professionalism in Translation of News. Abstract: Translating News: Social Responsibilities and Professionalism Focusing on issues of (mis)representation … Continue reading
Abstracts and further information on the keynotes and workshops of the 8th International Postgraduate Conference in Translation and Interpreting can be found here. Related queries can be sent here.
Day Two of the 8th International Postgraduate Conference in Translation and Interpreting is well underway. Prof. Andy Way opened today’s proceedings with his keynote entitled “The Importance of the Role of Translators in Machine Translation”. His talk tracked the major developments in … Continue reading
The 8th International Postgraduate Conference in Translation and Interpreting opened yesterday with two workshops. Dr. Dorothy Kenny led a workshop on the use of electronic corpora in translation and interpreting research. On the topic of eye tracking as a research method, Dr. … Continue reading