- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Breaking the boundaries of machine translation, Google researchers get to grips with rythme and meter: click here for the full paper. Advertisements
In a recent article, Sanjun Sun & Gregory M. Shreve take stock of the origins of translation studies, its development, and try to ‘reconfigure’ a contemporary perspective. Click here for the full article.
We are delighted to announce another SALIS/CTTS PhD viva success. Michèle Milan successfully defended her PhD thesis on Monday17th September. The thesis is entitled: ‘Found in Translation: Franco-Irish Translation Relationships in Nineteenth Century Ireland’. The examiners were Dr. Eamon Ó Ciosáin … Continue reading