Stephen Doherty and Sharon O’Brien presented a poster today at a CNGL event held in Trinity College, Dublin. It was entitled: ‘How usable is raw machine translated technical support documentation?’ The exhibition took place in the Exam Hall, and brought together over 50 researchers and industrial collaborators from across Ireland on topics of language technologies such as machine translation and speech recognition, to information retrieval and personalisation.
- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017