- Collaboration between DCU Postgraduates and World Intellectual Property Organization
- Research Seminar by Dr Mary Phelan on ‘Language and Power in Irish courts in the Nineteenth Century’, co-organised by Heriot-Watt University and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, 1st November 2017.
- Japanese Poetry and Prose in Translation Event – 2pm, 2 December in Room HG18, Dublin City University
- Dr Sharon O’Brien invited to chair a panel at the DGT’s “Translating Europe Forum”, to be held in Brussels on November 6th and 7th.
- Presentation by Dr Joss Moorkens at conference on Translation and Disruption at the University of Portsmouth on 4 November 2017
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Cognitive Explorations of Translation is a new book edited by Sharon O’Brien and published by Continuum (ISBN 978-1-4411-7268-6) which draws together 10 contributions by the leading scholars in Translation Process Research and represents a state-of-the art overview of the field. Advertisements
The next DCLRS talk will be given by Stephen Doherty from the CTTS on the topic of the effects of controlled language on the readability and comprehensibility of machine translation output (title and abstract below). All are welcome to attend, 4pm in L2.21, School … Continue reading